Friday 6 April 2007

Interview with Cyndi - 06/04/07




SE: Hello Cyndi. Very nice to finally meet you!

C: Hello Straighteurovision, nice to meet you too!


SE: At making your mind up, were you happy with your performance?

C: No!I was not completely, but like I said on TV when they asked me about it what matters is that we had a fantastic audience, that seems to enjoy it,so as long as the audience is happy I am happy. I can always say to myself I ll do better next time.


SE: Next time ay...Does that mean we will see Cyndi at making your mind up next year then?

C: You never know. Although right now I am really focusing on my album; you can never predict the future!


SE: True, except that Scooch is going to win eurovision this year. So, what did you think of Scooch? How do you think they will do at Eurovision?

C: I thought it was very entertaining and that there performance was very clean. They were very professional , rehearsing all the time in the studio. Because they are hard worker, I believe they will be as professional at the eurovision then at the making your mind up show. Now to tell you what the vote for them we ll be ,I would have first to see the others contestants.


SE: Ok. Straighteurovision recommends Greece, Sweden, Malta, Switzerland and Turkey. But they are not really competition for Scooch. :-) Seriously though, are you happy to have been given the chance to perform your new single to the UK audience live?

C: Yes I am really happy that i had the opportunity to sing, at last, in front of the UK ,live. And I hope that is not gonna be for the last time though because I really enjoyed it.


SE: We hope to see more of Cyndi in the future. Will you be watching eurovision on 10th May? Will you be routing for the UK?

C: Of course that i will be watching the show, and you know i will just be supporting, as usual , my favorite song of the night; this is really a song contest for me.


SE: (Straighteurovision are starting to think Cyndi isnt that impressed with Scooch and will be routing for something more like Hayko)...Cyndi, the UK fans were very unhappy with Mr Wogan and the BBC's conduct at making your mind up. When you realised Scooch had won, how did you feel?

C: I don t want to sounds like the eurovision contest didn t mean anything to me on the contray,but it is true that i was so happy to be finalist , so fulfilled already by the positive reaction of the audience, that i was not so disappointed .


SE: Thats good to hear. The whole thing was a complete farse. Finally, any words for those fans who voted for you at making your mind up?

C: I would like to thank you all for voting for me that night, but not only for that, I would like to thank you also, for the joy that you gave me that night, because of you i had no reasons to be disappointed.


SE: Thank you Cyndi. From all of us at straighteurovision, we wish you all the best for the future. See you next year!



NB: Photo courtesy of http://www.myspace.com/cyndimusic

No comments: