Sunday 1 April 2007

Interview with Marie Lindberg 01/04/2007


SE: Hi Marie. Tack for joining Straighteurovision. We have been looking forward to interviewing you.

ML: Nice to meet you. Thank you for inviting me!


SE: First off then, all of us at straighteurovision loved 'trying to recall'. We thought you looked beautiful and performed the song incredibly. How did you think you did?

ML: I think my performance vocally could have been much better, but as it was my first time performing om stage I am still pleased. It seemed as people liked the song, though. (Which makes me so proud and happy)


SE: You weren't terribly popular with the Jury, however us fans loved it. We have to ask, where did the song originate?

ML: I wrote this song 1998, when I studied to become a teacher. I sat and played my guitar and came up with this quite sad tune. People close to me had problems in their relationship, and I borrowed that feeling to write the lyrics.


SE: How do you think the ark will do at eurovision this year? Can you see Sweden winning eurovision this year?

ML: They are professional performers. They sing well, their show on stage is brilliant and the song is very good. So, I think (and hope) that they will be among the top 5.


SE: We think it could be top 5 also. Obviously UK is going to win though...Will you be back at Melodifestivalen in 2008?

ML: Ha, ha, ha... I don't know. :)


SE: Who would you have picked as melodifestivalen winner this year?

ML: The Ark.


SE: Snap! We were dissapointed not to see Date at melodifestivalen again this year, will your husband and his band be back soon?

ML: I think they hope so! It's quite diffucult to enter, though. Over 3 300 songs were sent in this year, and only 32 got to compete.


SE: True...If you could duet with any act from the final of melodifestivalen who would it be?

ML: Difficult one... They're all lovely. Probably Sebastian, Ola Salo, Sarah Dawn Finer or Sonja Aldén.


SE: Good choice. Straighteurovision would have to say Sonja Berntsson though, or Velvet from 2006. We love them both!!!! So, have you seen or heard the UK song for eurovision this year. If yes, do you like it? How do you think the UK will do?

ML: Unfortunately I haven't heard it this year.


SE: You have a treat in store then; its fab! However, generally in the UK, the standard of our eurovision songs are really poor, would you consider singing for the UK?

ML: Oh, dear. :) I'm flattered...


SE: We'll take it as a No then! Will you ever come and launch a career in the UK though?

ML: I would love to. I adore the UK! (haven't been to Scotland yet though).


SE: Well to be honest, Straighteurovision has only seen Stockholm in Sweden so we know what you mean....Finally, any words for your international fans?

ML: I really hope that the record will be released outside of Sweden so that YOU too will be able to share the songs with me. There are many beautiful ones, apart from "Trying to recall"...


SE: Marie, its been a true pleasure. Sweden loves eurovision, and UK fans love sweden! We hope to see Marie Lindberg at the Globen again in 2008.
Editor Note - Below is Marie's Globen performance of 'Trying To Recall'...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every since Goteborg we've come out as a Marie Lindberg fan!

Great interview - didn't know her husband was in Date.

She's welcome to 'sleep on our "cow-ch"' anyday!