Thursday 19 April 2007

Interview with Sofia Berntson 19/04/2007

Photo courtesy of http://www.myspace.com/sofiaberntson





SE: Hej Sofia, so glad you could spare a few minutes for us

S: Hey, thank you for asking me, im honoured!


SE: Ok so first off, were you happy with your performance at melodifestivalen?

S: I’m happy with my performance, considering it was the first time for me to be on live tv. I feel I could have done better vocally though, but the pressure was overwhelming, and nerves took over. But overall, I think I did really well.


SE: To be honest you couldn't tell you were nervous, and your performance was fab. You can certainly cut it live (as Carrie Grant likes to say). So....Are you single?

S: Wouldn’t you like to know;)


SE: Hmmmm, yes but your not going to tell us are you? (moving quickly on)..What are your thoughts regarding the winning MF act, the ark? How do you think they will do at Eurovision?

S: I think The Ark will do really well in Helsinki, they have a good chance of winning. It’s a great song that people of all ages can relate to, and their performance is really proffessional. I know I will vote for them!


SE: Well you can't vote for the Ark, unless you nip over to Norway for the evening.. As you may know MF is global; it has fans in the UK, scandinavia, all over europe and in some parts of America and Asia. Are you happy to have been given the chance to perform your new single to the international audience?

S: I’m very happy for the opportunity, given I had never before appeared on television in front of such a big audience. And that people in countries outside Sweden were wathcing too is fantastic! This was a big step in my career.


SE: Will you be watching eurovision on 10th & 12th May?

S: Of course I will be watching, I wouldn’t miss it for anything!


SE: Aaah spoken like a true fan! Would you consider taking part in melodifestivalen next year?

S: I would definitely consider it, it was so much fun! The timing has to be right though, so we’ll see what happens.


SE: Do you have any words for those fans who voted for you in your semifinal?

S: I would just like to say thank you so, so much! Knowing that I have support from so many people made not going to the finals seem far less important. You are fantastic!


SE: Are there any truth to the rumours, the song was written for Elena Paparizou?

S: No, that was just a roumour that the tabloids made a big fuss about. But it meant publicity for me and the other songwriters, so we didn’t really mind.


SE: Cool, were glad you got the chance to perform it anyway, otherwise we could have seen pretend violins, zorba the greek dancing, you name it! Whats your fav eurovision entry of all time then?

S: My favourite entry and moment will have to be Carola, with “FĂ„ngad av en stormvind” in -91. A fantastic performance by a very talented artist, and of course she won the whole thing!


SE: Would you ever consider taking part in eurovision for any other country apart from Sweden?

S: Yes, I would love to sing for Greece, I hope the opportunity will arise in the future. However, I wouldn’t mind singing for the UK either, that would be fantastic!


SE: It would be fab for us also. Sofia its been a pleasure...hope to see you at the Globen next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]straighteurovision.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Do you pay attention towards your health?. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research displays that closely 90% of all USA adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.