Saturday 17 March 2007

BBC Finally Shows A Lack Of Respect For Eurovision


Any those who saw the BBC Making Your Mind Up Farce tonight, will understand the title of this post. After all these years of huffing and puffing at eurovision, finally the BBC has opened both hands and shown its utter destest for eurovision.


Firstly, I think I won't be alone is saying that either Big Brovas or Cyndi would have been a very good choice, but I feared that Scooch would take the victory as soon as I witnessed their performance.


I think I'd like to draw everyones attention to the fact they are no jemini; They offer a routine, be it very camp and yet very catchy, at least one member sings in tune, and it offers more than one line throughout the song.


Scooch could possibly finish top 10 in Helsinki, personally I think it will be more like bottom 10. The international jury went with Cyndi and Big Brovas; that gives an indication of who we should really be chosing. Yet, in typical fashion, we go for the most outrageous, camp, and frankly, average song of the top 4.


Either way, we now know who will represent us in Helsinki. Lets get behind them!


However, the BBC should certainly be looked at for the way they firstly constructed the super-final; cutting off acts one by one. The BBC have forgotten these are established performers not a fame academy students!!!!


Secondly, the personal responsible behind getting the winner wrong should be looked more than closely. It was an absolute embarrasement and a total shambles....


I would not think twice about entering a song if I was an established performer in 2008....


Hey, ho....Were still flying the flag, and all that jazz! The BBC certainly arnt, in fact they have already taken it down and burnt it!

No comments: