Saturday 17 March 2007

We Want Hawkins!!!! Flying the flag for the UK


So, anybody else incredibly excited about tonite! I am, and as one of the many who applied and yet failed to get tickets, I will sitting on my armchair, curry and naan in one hand, pint of lager in the other (oh ok, 8 pints of lager) (oh ok, 8 bacardi and cokes!).

I for one, want to see the UK choose the best song out of a strong bunch. I say strong, when you compare them to recent years, and in fairness, the BBC have out done themselves. I have a written review below. COME ON HAWKINS...

Song 1 - Dont it make you happy - The bird off Atomic Kitten with the huge mole on her chin.
Frankly, this doesnt make me happy, and in fact it is one of the weakest of the evening IMO. Liz is a gorgeous looking girl, but one can't help but stare at her chin shouting 'MOOOLLLLE' ala Austin Powers hehe.

Song 2 - I Can - Brian Harvey
We all know Brians problems with the ladies, the booze, the drugs, and his fists, but he can certainly belt a song out. Will be strong on the night, however can't see this winning, despite the original hype when first heard!

Song 3 - Big Bro Thing - Big Brovas
For me, the UK should be sending commercial sounds to eurovision. Why i hear you ask? Because, every other country goes for either boring ballads, schlager or ethnic numbers, therefore the only way we can stand out is to vote through a strong commerical number. Im not saying we can win with this, and maybe we will be back towards the bottom of the pile in May, but hey, at least its a song to be proud of!

Song 4 - I'll leave my heart - Cyndi
Nobody seems to know who she is, yet she has had the most airtime and PR. How strange?!? Anyways its a cross between 'You raise me up' and 'My heart will go on'. She could be the darkhorse.

Song 5 - Flying the flag - Scooch
I have to admit, i can see this winning tonight, and finishing bottom with 0 points in Helsinki. This is pure pop schlager at its best. A esc winner it is not ala Nikki French, however a crowd pleaser and a certain G.A.Y. stomper.

Song 6 - They dont make it....... - Ex Darkness singer meets a nobody
Weird sounding song, great singers which im not sure compliment each other, however due to his popularity, this should see it through.

Personally, I'd go with the Big Brovas or the Darkness. Scooch would be a big mistake, but at least a fun one....

Dont forget 19.30 UK time BBC 1....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.