Tuesday 27 March 2007

Quiet Morning

Very quiet on the eurovision front.

My myspace blog is almost finished and im having friend invites all over the show. Maybe people are finally starting to read this. Or maybe I am truly going mad. I may even create a promotion t-shirt for helsinki, so just look for the complete wanker wearing a 'straighteurovision.blogspot.com' t-shirt. Try not to call me a prick until I leave the vacinity, as Im like a rabit dog chasing a rabbit when I get going :-) Either way, email me or add me on myspace.com. Just look under stuart wilders.

Anyways, once again sidetracked. Ive got 2 interviews for all at straighteurovision. The first I shall post this weekend. Its with the very lovely Maris Lindberg. Aaaaaahhh She is so cute, bless. We spoke a bit about her melodifestivalen entry, and her other material, which I will shamelessly plug for her. Its all about the plug baby!

Euro News Just In!!!

Verka of Ukraine is considering cancelling her eurovision participation. OK with me, bring back Tina Karol and her Pirates of the Caribbean Treasure Chest any day. Frankly, Im unsure of the whole business of Verka. Its all too odd for me, and song is so incredibly shite, it makes me cringe more than the thought of getting down and dirty with Vanessa Feltz.

The song would only be useful at a playground somewhere with a bunch of 6 year olds. It is completely what the eurovision song contest doesnt need. DQ I love, Verka is shite. Its that simple!


Im loving the Irish song this year. Its so happy its unreal. The writer obviously had just had about 15 pints of guiness and topped it all with some shorts of some kind, followed by a quick spliff to wash it all down!. The song is soooo high, its like a f**king flying kite. Having said that, I doubt it will better Irelands 2006 entry, which was pure class. Hmmm

One thats still getting mad raves is France. I have to say its really growing on me, and is clearly the workings of a madman. You gotta love the French. The write must have thought 'write down as many things that resemble france as possible, and we can see if we can create a tune for them'. And voila, the french entry for 2007 is born.

Im not getting Russia this year; sure the song is modern and nice, yet it lacks something for it to stand out. Could it be it needs a piano with a whole? We'll see on the 10th May.

Maybe more later people. Love ya as always....x

3 comments:

Chris said...

Lovin your site mate... it seems you might have quite similar (music) tastes to myself.

Chris

http://thearockalypse.blogspot.com

Straighteurovision said...

thanks Chris

Nice blog yourself.

have to disagree with you about scooch tho. I have a sneeky suspicion it might win. As for the horrible ukraine entry, it will only enhance the UK being on before it!

Straighteurovision said...

thanks Chris

Nice blog yourself.

have to disagree with you about scooch tho. I have a sneeky suspicion it might win. As for the horrible ukraine entry, it will only enhance the UK being on before it!