Thursday 10 May 2007

F##king Fantastic!

What a brilliant evening at the euroclub last night. Straighteurovision was not a pretty sight this morning, but nothing an alcazelter couldn't sort!

It was the first rehearsal of the semifinal yesterday, and I am very concerned for two things:

1) The show is too long for a semifinal
2) The first 10 songs will be lost, no matter how good they are!

I am very concerned for Belarus, Switzerland, Cyprus, Moldova, Bulgaria and Israel. From yesterdays showing I expect the following to qualify:

Estonia
Austria
Turkey
Slovenia
Serbia
Macedonia
Denmark
Switzerland
Andorra
Malta


Macedonia and Serbia due to the block voting, Turkey because it is deserving, Switzerland because although it is early on, it is still very memorable. Austria, Estonia, Andorra will qualify as they have great performances. Denmark may just scrape through, while Slovenia and Malta will be bottom of the 10.

I hope to catch the final dressrehearsal before the semifinal this evening, so I should post later on.....I need to go back to bed for a while now, or failing that, a fatboy bean bag in the press centre will do!!!

No comments: