Tuesday 1 May 2007

Stage is set!

Morning all

Nice to be back in sunny Hampshire again. Spain was nice, but the weather was on a par to England, so it kind of takes the edge off it a bit...

As you would imagine, delegates and media accreditation will be arriving in Helsinki from today and tomorrow with the first rehearsals set for Thursday. Its starting to get exciting now and in the immortal words of the posh guy off the apprentice 'im getting warm fuzzy's' about the euroweek which is getting closer and closer....

Hope you all liked the interview with Anonymous yesterday. Lovely guys!!! I will be interviewing the Teapacks (Israel's entry) sometime before I jet off to Helsinki, so will post that also...

The stage is looking mighty fine, and seems to resemble the Kiev stage. For me Kiev had the best looking stage of all past eurovisions. This stage seems to have taken the kiev stage and added the Istanbul backdrop of LCD's. Can't wait



Looking at the OGAE votes we are still no nearer to agreeing a winner amongst us fans. OGAE's from all over europe have gone for Belarus, Switzerland, Serbia (no chance!) Greece, Georgia, Cyprus & Sweden. For me I could see Belarus, Greece, Sweden and Switzerland near the top, but I just don't get Serbia...maybe its me!!!

I do fear for the UK however, but while sat in the sun during my week off, I remembered that this really is a song contest, and as long as you are proud of your own entry then the result never matters...I think!!!

TSCHUS!

(photo courtesy of www.eurovisiondiary.com) - check it out!!!

No comments: